Question: What is the strongest weapon modal for 2h melee?

Great Sword has a  modal that is +50% damage but -20 (I think) accuracy. So you barely hit anything, but when you hit.. Useful for alpha strikes (also from stealth) or low deflection enemies though.

I kind of liked the synergy of the deflection increasing stance balancing the modal on the estoc. I guess when it comes down to it what is going to be more effective when fighting against bosses? The estoc or the greatsword? Seems like it would be the estoc for the penetration but is the greatsword damage increase that significant to outweigh, provided you find some way of increasing accuracy enough to hit stuff?

Also keep in mind that the base damage of the great sword is significantly higher than the estoc's. Highest alpha strikes you can get with a great sword in theory - but -20 accuracy is bad. Once you combine ACC buffs as Devotions (+20 ACC) and stuff like Flames of Devotion (also +20 ACC) it's good enough though.

I find the modal of morning stars to be very useful. A lot of spells and other CC abilites target fortitude and the modal knocks it down by 25 - which is pretty awesome.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also keep in mind that the base damage of the great sword is significantly higher than the estoc's. Highest alpha strikes you can get with a great sword in theory - but -20 accuracy is bad. Once you combine ACC buffs as Devotions (+20 ACC) and stuff like Flames of Devotion (also +20 ACC) it's good enough though.

I find the modal of morning stars to be very useful. A lot of spells and other CC abilites target fortitude and the modal knocks it down by 25 - which is pretty awesome.

I had not looked at morning stars because I always prefer using swords when possible (made an exception for that sweet sweet abydon hammer though). What devotions are you talking about that increase accuracy by that much? Those would come from other characters not a devoted/soul blade correct? Also: Is the estoc modal worth it in your opinion? I could see it being something I click on for boss fights but not much else. 

Devotions for the Faithful is a priest spell and gives the party +4 MIG and +20 accuracy while it debuffs enemies with -4 MIG and -20 accuracy. It's one of the best buffs in PoE as well as Deadfire.

The estoc modal seems to be good against thick bosses, yes - I can't see a lot of other uses, especially if you are already a Devoted/Soulblade with potential +3 PEN through Devoted's bonus + Hammering Thoughts.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Devotions for the Faithful is a priest spell and gives the party +4 MIG and +20 accuracy while it debuffs enemies with -4 MIG and -20 accuracy. It's one of the best buffs in PoE as well as Deadfire.

The estoc modal seems to be good against thick bosses, yes - I can't see a lot of other uses, especially if you are already a Devoted/Soulblade with potential +3 PEN through Devoted's bonus + Hammering Thoughts.

Oh yeah I always make sure to grab that just didn't recognize the name. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, barring a massive nerf it looks like soulblade + devoted will be my first character in Pillars II. Cannot wait.