Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ranzak's favored card type

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MrScott

MrScott

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts

Ever since the latest expansion was released, I've gotten back to playing goblins. I was happy to see that Ranzak's "Bigger Ransack" ability was fixed. My question is about his favored card type. It says, "Choose Ally, Armor, Blessing, Item, Spell, Loot, or Weapon." I was expecting it to work like Lem's ability, but it never gives me the option to choose. I've never had reason to complain about my opening hand since it has always given me a weapon (which is what I would choose), but I was just wondering if Ranzak's favored card type was broken or if it was working as intended.

• swiss army knife likes this

Jenceslav

Jenceslav

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 199 posts

In the tabletop version, Ranzak has Favored card type: None. That is, he keeps his first hand, whatever is in it. If the game lists "Choose ... ", it is a wrong text copied from Lem.

It is great that Ranzak was fixed, but high-level Merisiel still recharges (= can recharge) all blessings played to grant another exploration and such. :) I often forget and automatically choose Recharge instead of the correct Discard.

MrScott

MrScott

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 28 posts

Sounds good. If it is behaving the way it is supposed to in the tabletop version, that's good enough for me. Maybe they will get around to fixing the text eventually but that's probably a low priority. I would rather they expend their time fixing actual programming issues. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users