[BUG] Unlimited Debuff Affliction During and After Combat!

Loriksem

Question

Okay, first of all thanks for this great game. I really enjoyed hell out of it. I am trying to finish it on solo POTD and sacrificed already several characters. Now I am on Chanter, close to ending but combat began to bug!

If i get prone; daze; blinded; stuck afflictions during combat, they stay on me until combat ends with no timer. I can't cast invocations but strangely my phrases are working (during Prone), so it was not much of a problem for me. But now some afflictions even carry after the combat!! And I was forced to abuse Iron mode save mechanic not to lose this character too and it's gets pretty annoying. Please send Help!

Below I am sending Screen Shots of above mentioned bug.

post-193380-0-54590600-1518709817_thumb.jpg

post-193380-0-77448000-1518709862_thumb.jpg

post-193380-0-03703400-1518709868_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

I am also playing a solo game (3.7 Mac) as Chanter and it has become essentially unplayable at the end.  In the high level encounters I am continually finding myself with prone afflictions that do not go away and prevent all actions except movement, usually thanks to Clear Out and the Eyeless kicks.  Similarly, permanent Deprive the Unworthy suppressions in the Abbey battles.  Eyeless javelin stabs give a permanent dazed affliction, etc.

I bought the game when it was released and I can't believe that after all the patches and countless downloads of the game from Gog, it is still basically broken.  I feel like I would be foolish to pre-order the sequel after this experience.

I abandoned my solo Chanter and started a solo Barbarian, hoping I would have a less buggy experience, but I am now having the same issues.  It took some time, and I have been maxed out for a while, but in the bounty fight at Madhmr bridge I am now getting stunned and dazed afflictions that do not have a timer and marked afflictions that remain after combat ends.  

This kind of bug makes the game essentially unplayable.  I have no appetite for loading the same encounter multiple times and hoping I won't end up with a permanent affliction or debuff.  Since no-one has responded to the original post except someone having the same issues, I am guessing that no more patches are forthcoming.  I can't say I am left with a positive feeling.  I enjoy the gameplay and the artwork, but I don't think there was ever a version of the game that worked properly.