the look of the sails

Madscientist

Question

I am not a sailor and I am not familiar with the nautic terms ( especially in english ), but some things feel strange when looking at the ship.

https://imgur.com/a/XGoLN

- There is lots of air between the sail and the wood thing it is attached to. (sorry, I do not know the correct term). If the sail was really that loose, we would lose it soon. I looked at several images of real ships and I did not see air between the sail and the wood thing.

- The rope that binds the sail to the wood thing looks like an infinite loop. I guess a real rope has ends and a knot somewhere.

- One rope goes around both wood pieces (thats correct I guess), but the other goes between both wood pieces but I do not see a hole there.

Those are just minor things.

The game looks great as a whole.

1 answer to this question

I'm bothered by sails in a different way. The new boats we got to try out on the overland map. Is it just me, but aren't those sails blocking the entire ship, so all that we get to see is some banana-shaped, crescent-shaped piece of sailcloth?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***