Tips & tricks for character management in PoE, without potentially revealing any spoilers

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the forums and would like som advice with regards to what has already been mentioned in the topic of this post. I bought this game just after release and then never got to finish it due to time constraints. I'm now in the process of playing it for good this time around (considering I've made some time).

I've already downloaded the '.PDF' manual and looked at the errata updates, but I'm not sure about how legit this is in terms of proper assistance with regards to tackling the game with solid character builds. Would you guys recommend checking out the Wiki by any chance? I know there are a lot of tips here on the forums (the main reason I cam here), but I'm scared of spoilers.

What's a guy to do? Any advice anyone here could perhaps give me?

Also, I did play Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, so I'm NOT a total n00b when it comes to these types of games. I'd just like some advice considering this game runs on it's own tabletop system essentially.

Thank you,
S3B

Welcome! You've got one hell of an adventure ahead of you. I've been playing the game for years and am just finishing up another exciting run!

The Obsidian Builds List in these forums is perfect for what you what. Don't feel like you need to follow them to 'T' ...you can use them as a guide and make tweaks based on items you want.  But always feel free to make a post on here as you've got some incredibly talented folks who enjoy answering build questions. Also, I seriously doubt you'll see any spoilers in those builds.  and many of them can be used for the NPC companions! Here's a few that come to mind:

Durance - fire priest build

Eder - Lady of Pain build

Hiravias - Thundercat

Aloth - Ziblastian Hurtstacker

Kana Rua - Chillfong Chanter build

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Frogman,

Thanks so much for your response, I really appreciate it. I'm only posting now, considering I've been a tad busy as of late. I've already started playing the game, but would just like to ensure that I've got solid character builds in mind before I go any further. I have also now finished reading the manual, but would still like to expand my repertoire as much as possible.

So far, I'm considering these 2 threads for starters (please follow the link in the picture): https://ibb.co/cjcsmw

I was thinking of starting with "A beginner's guide [guide edition 1.2]" and then moving on to "The Obsidian Boards' Build List - Last modified: 25-Feb-17". Would "Class Build & Srategies Index [Outdated]" still be of any use, considering it's outdated? I specifically asked about spoilers considering "A beginner's guide [guide edition 1.2]" has buttons you need to click on in order to reveal the information concealed due to them claiming to be SPOILERS. Do these in ANY way reveal story/character SPOILERS, or should I be fine viewing them?

Lastly, I do recall this game letting you change stats, ultimately enabling you to redo your character builds at any time, at a price of course?

P.S. Also, how do I edit a post? I have trouble locating the "edit" button...  :huh: 
P.S.S. Is there a way of uploading a picture directly to my post, without having to link it to an URL (as I did above)?