What character do you plan to create for Kotor2?

You min stats you don't use and max stats you will. For example creating the ultimate fighter means an int of 10 usually. But it all depends. You need a lot more information. It usually requires playing the game once to see how important skills are, what feats are best etc. So the first play through I just play whatever character I think seems the kewlest. Then you can play around with creating the ultimate consular, ultimate saber user etc.

All I can say is that I will be going through it multiple times. Of course there's the typical lightside/darkside choice, but there's also the whole "how did you end the last game?" input at the start of this one, which I assume will change the course of the story. So right there is atleast 4 times through.

For some reason I always play a female for Darkside. I think it let's me detatch from the character better so I can be truly evil and sell Wookies into slavery. I reckon that each one will be different class and combat styles.

As for how I stat my characters...

I'm a dex freak. I always maxed it out on my characters so that when you start your Jedi training, that your AC doesn't drop to utter crap because of a low dex mod. and the combination of wearing a robe. My characters in most games focus on consistent damage and the ability to not get hit. I mean, if they can't touch you, they can't kill you... :D

All I can say is that I will be going through it multiple times. Of course there's the typical lightside/darkside choice, but there's also the whole "how did you end the last game?" input at the start of this one, which I assume will change the course of the story. So right there is atleast 4 times through.

For some reason I always play a female for Darkside. I think it let's me detatch from the character better so I can be truly evil and sell Wookies into slavery. I reckon that each one will be different class and combat styles.

I'm a dex freak. I always maxed it out on my characters so that when you start your Jedi training, that your AC doesn't drop to utter crap because of a low dex mod. and the combination of wearing a robe. My characters in most games focus on consistent damage and the ability to not get hit. I mean, if they can't touch you, they can't kill you... :D

Unless they hit you with force powers. :p Dex won't save you from that.

You min stats you don't use and max stats you will. For example creating the ultimate fighter means an int of 10 usually. But it all depends. You need a lot more information. It usually requires playing the game once to see how important skills are, what feats are best etc. So the first play through I just play whatever character I think seems the kewlest. Then you can play around with creating the ultimate consular, ultimate saber user etc.

Damn it! :angry:

I suppose without knowing what stat boosting items are available you can't truly 'powergame' on you first playthrough. <_<

So do you reckon those generic guardian/consular builds of mine are acceptable for the 1st playthrough or do they need modifying?

manthing2.jpg

I suppose without knowing what stat boosting items are available you can't truly 'powergame' on you first playthrough. <_<

So do you reckon those generic guardian/consular builds of mine are acceptable for the 1st playthrough or do they need modifying?

Exactly. Can't know to give your consular 15 wisdom put all level up ability points into wisdom without knowing of the Star Forge Robes and Circlet of Saresh. Im sure any build (including those) will be just fine.

Unless they hit you with force powers. :p Dex won't save you from that.

I never had much trouble with the force powers slapping me down. By the time the old sith meat puppets started throwing themselves at me I was a cold-blooded killing machine. I mean, when you're a human force bomb blwoing everyone around, they haven't much chance of using that level 1 DS power of "Mild discomfort"...

Unless they hit you with force powers.  :p  Dex won't save you from that.

I never had much trouble with the force powers slapping me down. By the time the old sith meat puppets started throwing themselves at me I was a cold-blooded killing machine. I mean, when you're a human force bomb blwoing everyone around, they haven't much chance of using that level 1 DS power of "Mild discomfort"...

Thats only because the enemies had crappy AI. If you'd been fighting a PC controlled consular... Plague (No save) Force breach any buffs you have master speed, master valor and you'd be toast since even high AC isn't very hard to hit. At least that's how Malak went down. ;)

mmmm, I have heard that is is better maxing out STR rather than DEX since some ennemies can always hit you despite the high AC (to learn more, check my new thread in the "RPG General Discussion" forum)...

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=968

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p