Ambush, Succubus, and Wand of Enervation

269Hawkmoon

Question

Platform: PC (Windows 10)

User: atwarner #9699

Scenario: Drunken Brawl

Difficulty: Normal

Party: Ezren, Merisiel, Sajan, Valeros, Lini, Seoni (all at different Bar Tables)

On turn 6 (Seoni's first turn of the game) Seoni explored with a Blessing of Nethys. The options were Ambush and Succubus. I chose Ambush. Despite a Greater Aid from Lini, Seoni failed and was forced into the Succubus encounter. Seoni only had 2 cards. Both of them Wands of Enervation (thanks to the duplicating Wands bug). She buried one, then activated her Fireball/Acid power to discard the other. But she failed the check to allow her to play spells. However, at the point she was able to bury the second Wand of Enervation. It seems the fact she'd already played an item was lost. Also, the difficulty modifier from the Ambush was for some reason up to -9 at this point, even though she was rolling 1 die. I think it got more and more messed up with ever die roll (Wand of Enervation, Arcane check, Wand of Enervation).

So, two things: (1) She was allowed to play two items. (2) The difficulty modifier got messed up.

3 answers to this question

Some monsters has caused that minus to check has been done multible times, so it seems to work Also to other direction.

But a bug in anyway. There seems to be missing some reset line in the code...

... and the opposite seems to be true in the first problem where the game forgets that you allready did use weapon.

Heh it really not would be easy to be a programmer in this game ;) So Many things and strange combinations and power that van cause havok.

But good finds! I have not seen that first one or the I have not even tryed to use second item in that situation, because you automatically self regulate the using of same card types.