Topographical scale issue on the overland map

IndiraLightfoot

Question

Hi!

This isn't a bug, but rather something that's slightly wonky on the overland map. I know quite a bit about geology and the size of this kind of mountain, often referred to as pyramidal peaks, are usually 1,000 meters or higher. They have several peaks depicted, which are called Matterhorn peaks, and these usually are even higher. These mountains are formed by glacial processes (see wiki entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramidal_peak).

Well, to put it bluntly, would it be possible to change these mountains to look bigger and higher, at least?

You can see individual trees and tree trunks, and even if they're all of Californian red wood height, these pyramidal peaks would be 200 m, 250 m, tops. :no:

6Y3klh.jpg

Personally, I find that the rest works pretty well, the water, and the forests, and the rivers, with coastlines and inlets.

Another alternative would be to make mountains, or hills rather, which are more undulating and with less protruding summits.

And before anyone points out the obvious; It's a fantasy game with a map, playing at being just that, a historical map (which rarely were drawn to correct proportions; I wanna say, I know. But this irks me a bit, while still being no biggie at all. :geek:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

2 answers to this question