Poe2 Weapon Damage Formula ? We need more precision in UI

peddroelm

Not enough penetration multiplier is  *0.25 instead of the displayed * 0.3 [rounding issue] .. 

But for the fallowing example I am at a loss as to the math used :

Devoted Axe Crit:

UI numbers 

17.8  Roll

33% might ; 70% crit [0.25 base + 0.2 axe + 0.25 devoted]; 15% fine 

total damage listed as 43.9 * 1.3 = 51 !!!

----------

17.8 * 1.33 * (1 + 0.15 + (0.25 + 0.2 + 0.25)) = 43.79   //  different from 43.9 . So maybe the shown 'roll' is already rounded.. Meaning proper tests will still need to remove weapon RNG for maximum precision .  (unless they provide more precision / less rounding in UI) 

Because what fallows is quite ridiculous

43.9 * 1.3 = 57.07  QUITE A WAY OFF FROM THE LISTED 51 !!!

If players cannot fallow the presented the numbers with math ..then the presented numbers are USELESS !!

43.9 * 1.25 = 54.875
(17.8 + 0.05) * 1.33 * (1 + 0.15 + (0.25 + 0.2 + 0.25)) * 1.25 = 54.89 !!
Edited by peddroelm
  • Like 1

WPNTVf7.jpg

There’s a thread with some math in the bug forum but it’s old; I’m afraid I don’t have a link handy right now.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

the step  math mentioned by the dev there [but not really explained -or maybe he did explained and I just don't get it  ]... ?!??! WHY ?!?!? 

?Why use simple math when you can make it complicated ?   

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg