PoE II: DF (Game on Steriods)

TygerxEyes

At present, I have set-off on a few island adventures after doing the meet-and-greet on the island with natives and have gotten crushed in every single battle regardless of these setting changes - Path of Damned (Leveling), Veteran (Leveling), and Classic (Non-Leveling).  I have played a ton of PoE and own everything including expansions with 100s of hours of game time logged (including Classic, Veteran, and Path of Damned in PoE) without these difficulties and I am well versed in variety of gaming styles.  In general, I play straight wizards... and these game is no exception.

Obviously, I found differences in difficulty to parallel PoE including greater numbers and more powerful monsters and so I down-stepped the game working backwards from the PoD(L) to V(L) to Classic (Non-Leveling). What seems very different on my system is the following (compared to PoE): Combat & Movement are ultra-fast. Despite starting as a single class (L6) with parallel companions as provided, I find our attacks appear to be the equivalent of five slow-moving ants fighting say hyperactive starving rat(s) on speed.

I have the ability to record screen play and would be happy to upload. Suggestions? In the meantime, I will uninstall and reinstall running with classic (non-leveling from the beginning). 

SIDE QUESTION: Is it just beta limiting us to 5 characters? Will main game allow standard 6-person parties?

Edited by TygerxEyes

`Tyger~ :cat:

Of course, in the zany world of Pets in Pillars, what I would not likely do is... stuff one pet (much less all of them) in the airless hole of my stash... squished in between armor, blades, potions, and food (lol) - with one of two likely results: "Ew, Steve the Spider got squished between the +2 Shield and +3 Barbed Plate! " or " DARN IT! FIDO! Did you eat all the jerky AGAIN! It's dog-bone soup, tonight! "

5 people is the party size for Deadfire.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus