[Suggestion] Enemy tooltip improvements

Tanred

• It would be nice if we could get an expanded enemy tooltip showing not only name of the buff or debuff spell but also exact effects it has on enemy stats (or their total summary which would be even more awesome), similiar to the tooltip on party bar. Attached is a picture with an example. It could be toggable (for example by the Shift key which has already been implemented). I guess the reason for this is self explanatory: I often don't remember all the effects of my own spells (and it can be burdensome to check them everytime) or I do not know effects of enemy casted spells.

• I would like a toggleable option to always show enemy defenses and armor. I understand there might be roleplaying reasons to hide enemy's stats before you "discover" them, but personally to me, the combat is more enjoyable when i can asses the right strategy from the get go.

• The icons hovering over enemies heads showing which spells are currently being casted are handy, but then again, I often times do not know what the icons mean. It would be nice if the enemy tooltip would display which spells are being casted, preferably with their effects as well. And it could display not only spells, but all types of combat actions the enemy is currently doing (like movement or attack) and their intended target too.

post-43623-0-01287500-1511294185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tanred
  • Like 1

Will second this. This has been a pet peeve of mine since the first game. Moreso now that enemies have more unique buffs, e.g., Luminous Essence, Sign of Pain.

I dunno what the Bestiary looks like now, but I'd also like to see statblocks and description of unique enemy abilities, e.g., in PoE1, Ancient Death Guards had "Finger of Death" listed, but no description as to what it did.

Bros, the idea is both good and sound.

It does raise however, the question of how buffs and debuffs are displayed ingame.

From an UI and UX standpoint, both BG, NWN, POE and Tyranny did a terrible job of showing this information.

There have been, from my personal point of view, way too few UATs WRT this critical feedback loop on game mechanics and user information.

I'm afraid I do not have a really good suggestion on the matter at the moment.

Community, unite.

By our powers combined, let's come up with something realistic and which would fit our needs.

Obsidian, your time to shine bros.

Eeeeerrrm... oopsie... so yeah I used tons of acronyms, let's go over them 'cause I'm nice like that ;)

BG: Baldur's Gate (and the whole infinity engine series actually)

NWN: neverwinter nights

UI: user interface

UAT: user acceptance test

UX: user experience

WRT: with regards to