Problem with leaving the Engwithan Ruins map and then come back again

IndiraLightfoot

Question

I suspect this problem goes for all outdoor areas with a number of compass rose exits at the edges.

In this case, when you wander with your party on the overland map of the isle (The party is merely a portrait arrow), they always enter it at the bottom left corner.

This in itself is dubious, since my party could have been coming from the east, for instance, where you can exit on the Ruins outdoor map.

Well, in my case, my party obviously automagically entered the Ruins outdoor map bottom left, and then after a few encounters, they left it via the compass rose in the east.

But they forgot something, so as soon as they were on the overland map, they re-entered from the east.

And now they had been magically teleported to the bottom left again, a bit tedious.

Expected behaviour:

The overland outdoor area should keep track of where you enter and exit, so when you re-enter, you'll be roughly in the right place. 

Sure, this will mess up with certain trigger orders, but it should be possible.

If you're feeling lazy, it's enough to code it so that the last exit transit used will be the entry point for the party next time, they visit the place.

Personally, I find this latter to be slightly worse than a more logical west-east-north-south cardinal points tracking system.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

1 answer to this question