[Bug?] Nairi mentioned Anaharu but I can't acknowledge it

AndreaColombo

Question

• Start a new game.
  • Go to the shrine at the top left corner of the map.
  • Talk to Nairi and exhaust all conversation options. Make sure you learn what happened to Anaharu.
  • Go to the chieftain's hut and talk to Ruanu.
  • Talk about Nairi and observe the following conversation node:

KOlE0pd.png

Observe that Nairi totally mentioned Anaharu but you in order to acknowledge it you must lie, as though in reality she hadn't mentioned him. But she did, so saying "She sure did." would be the truth and the other two options are lies.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 answers to this question

It is true about Nairi, but then you could be given the option to tell a white lie to avoid putting her in trouble, or the option to be honest and say she mentioned him. The options given now seem to imply that, to the best of your knowledge, she actually never mentioned him.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That might depend on your skills/stats? I clearly remember her telling me all about what happened to him.