Animation offset bug with 2-handed weapons

AndreaColombo

Question

• Start a new game.
  • At character creation, select at least one proficiency with a 2-handed weapon. I personally encountered this bug with Estocs and Great Swords (the latter is depicted in the screenshot enclosed.)
  • Once in-game, go to your inventory and equip the 2-handed weapon.
  • Click the small icon in the bottom right corner of the part of the screen that shows your character model (i.e. the button that makes your character draw the weapon and wield it.)
  • Wait until the initial animation stops playing and your character rests the 2-handed weapon on their shoulder.
  • Observe that your character's left hand is below the weapon's hilt.

Your character's hand should rest on the weapon's hilt and hold it.

Screenshot:

hpccTGp.png

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

1 answer to this question

Heya AndreaColombo,

Thanks for posting this!

Our animator actually just fixed these 2 handed weapon alignments before heading home on Friday. He gets really sad when he sees stuff like this make it in to the game, so please keep pointing them out =)

• Like 1

I try my very best.