Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Character custom formations are not saved after a save load

Characters/Creatures User Interface

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dam

dam

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If one creates a custom formation for their party, said formation works for the entirety of the play session.

However when one saves the game then exits (crashes :D ) the game, upon loading the save, characters get arranged in a different, non-default formation that doesn't match which that was set by the user.

My custom formation :

T

M R

W P

With T = Tank, M = Monk PC, R = Rogue, W = Wizard, P = Priest

Their formation after I load the game :

M

T

R

W

P

Note that quicksaving/quickloading is not enough to replicate the problem, you need to exit-crash the game.

• Tanred likes this

Jledford

Jledford

QA Tester

• Developers
  • 14 posts

Hey dam,

Thanks for the info! As someone who often makes glass cannon characters, having them default to the front of the party formation each time a save is loaded definitely stinks and I feel your pain >.<. This is an issue we are currently tracking internally. Hopefully we can get a fix in for a future beta build. Thanks again for the feedback and for playing Pillars!

Silvaren

Silvaren

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have the same issue with custom formation not being saved after reload.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Characters/Creatures, User Interface

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users