[3.05] (probably 3.06 too) Incorrect Journal entries

PangaeaACDC

Question

I'm entering a pile of creature data into the Pillars of Eternity Wiki, and have noticed that a fair few of the descriptions are actually incorrect. War Dog is one of several examples, where the description fits for Wolves. The right one is actually in the game files, in cyclopedia.stringtable, but it's not used by the Journal.

I know this is unlikely to get fixed as the last patch has probably been released (or has it?), but wanted to mention it anyway since there were a fair few examples (and I've for the most part only gone through Beasts so far).

2 answers to this question

Interesting. Albeit not too surprising, as this would only be an nth example of a case where tooltips/descriptions are either incorrect, missing in parts, or omit some important information. It's a shame Obsidian couldn't be bothered to be more dilligent about it. 

I don't suppose there would be a simple way of correcting these strings for the game to properly recognize them? 

I've not systematically kept track of this, but there are quite a few. Another batch of examples is for Skuldraks. They list the description for Skuldrs, but the game files contain a different one.

Though superficially similar to the cavern-dwelling skuldr, skuldrak are found in colder climes, and typically at much higher altitudes. They boast considerably better eyesight, but are still most effective as scavengers or ambush hunters. While the skin flaps beneath skuldr forelimbs are entirely vestigial at all ages, young skuldrak have fully functional wings. These wings are capable of sustaining their body weight at first, but once skuldrak mature, they can only glide for short periods of time.

Like their hairless cousins, skuldrak are communal, and nest and raise their young together. Their close-knit communities depend upon such bonds in order to survive the harsh climate.

Should have done a better job with these to be honest, and also had unique descriptions for all creatures. They tend to use the same description for the same 'family' of creatures.

Oh, the same issue with Bog Bats btw. They have their unique description, but the game uses the one for Skuldrs.

Edited by PangaeaACDC