What has been your luck with treasure chests?

Hey all, new player here, just bought the game on steam and have been playing on my phone/computer.  I'm wondering what other people's luck has been like with buying/opening treasure chests.

I know they aren't needed to win the game, I have been through once without them, but It would be fun to outfit my characters with these shiny gold bordered cards.

As a test I opened up 100 chests with 100 runes and was very sad with the results, 4 total legendaries, all from adventure 1 and 2 (some shiny dice though).  And I wondered if other people had similar results when opening them, or did I have a run of bad luck?

As a test I opened up 100 chests with 100 runes and was very sad with the results, 4 total legendaries, all from adventure 1 and 2 (some shiny dice though).  And I wondered if other people had similar results when opening them, or did I have a run of bad luck?

I think that may be on the low end of the curve, but not terribly abnormal.

It's been a long while since I've run some stats, but previously there was about a ~2% probability of gaining a legendary card per chest redeemed.  I'm not 100% sure how the runes work, but it at least looks like you beat the "base" rate.

I had like 80+ chests laying around from owning the game since launch on mobile. I was kind of waiting to open them all until after the PC release. I just did. I didn't count legendaries but I'm pretty sure I got more than 4. I think I actually got more legendaries WITHOUT the helpful runes than with them. I did seem to get more rare+epic with the runes than without them though.