Planescape Torment: Special abilities and spells.

kensu

NOTE: This is in reference to the original version, not the EE one.

Currently in order to use a spell or special ability I need to do the following:

1. Click on the TNO or other party member to bring up their radial menu.

2. Click on the category on the radial menu (Mage Spellbook or Special Abilities)

3. Click on the spell or special ability I've chosen.

4. Select a target.

Up until this point it's all well and good, but once I select a target the radial menu stays open, and I have to hit esc to close it, which really feels clunky. in BG and BG2 you don't have this problem since the spells and ability appears on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

Is there a better way to access these abilities, and I'm just not seeing it? I noticed that you can assign a hotkey to any spell or ability in the game (!) but that seems like overkill.

(BTW, does this mean that Planescape:Torment invented the radial menu that went onto be used in NWN and TOEE?)

1aw3tiY.png

Unless there's a hidden submenu somewhere I've never seen (...I'm pretty sure there isn't), yep, that's it.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I really don't remember that escape part, cant you just right click somewhere to close it or something?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I really don't remember that escape part, cant you just right click somewhere to close it or something?

Yep, that ended up doing it. After you select a target, right-click will close the menu. Thanks!

1aw3tiY.png