May have issues with Stronghold quests.

So I'm building my stronghold blah blah. And I start getting these quests that I can assign companions to. So I do know that I should get rewarded for them doing so. So I send one out. Little while later I complete a quest and it then gives me the option to reassign the same companion to the same quest. I haven't received gold or anything in my treasury yet. Am I doing something wrongm

Hi!

I will explain how the adventure mechanics work in case you don't know - and also for other potential readers. Just in case... ;)

Something seems to be wrong here. Upon finishing a stronghold adventure there should be a message in your "stronghold inbox" (green circular counter icon shows "1" or more) which tells you the story of the adventure and shows you the unique item if there was one to achieve. Those shoukd then be in your treasury chest among the other spoils and money.

Stronghold adventures take some turns to complete. They say so when you start them. A turn is when you as party complete or advance in a quest. Every entry/advancement in a quest your party does equals one stronghold turn. So once the number of turns passed which are needed to complete the stronghold adventure there should be that message and also the "loot" in the chest.

If you can send the same companion onto another adventure before the first one is finished then that's surely a bug.

I noticed that you can assign a companion to adventure and he/she/it will not be available for other adventures until she returns. BUT - I could send my companions to accompany stronghold visitors even though those companions went off to an adventure. I never dared to try out what happens if I do that (sending them with the visitor although they are gone to do that adventure) because I feared that parts of the game logic would crack and couse troubles. So maybe this happened? Still bad programming though.

There are also cases where the UI of the strnghold adventure says "Sagani assigned" but the button below still shows "assign" - it didn't change its status. Also minor programming bug. If you click on "assign" - although there already is somebody assigned - then you will cancel the adventure. A bit stupid. Can happen quickly when you don't pay too much attention.

Note that PoE still has some minor UI bugs - like not showing the correct ACC in the character sheets and whatnot. So don't always trust the UI and be sceptical. ;)

Can't say if you did something wrong, but I can't think of a way how the player can mess those things up. Sounds more like a little bug you encountered. Maybe try saving, quitting, verifying game cache and restart. If that doesn't help (and you did nothing wrong) you might want to post this in the technical help subforum. Maybe there are others with the same problem who found a solution.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There are also cases where the UI of the strnghold adventure says "Sagani assigned" but the button below still shows "assign" - it didn't change its status. Also minor programming bug. If you click on "assign" - although there already is somebody assigned - then you will cancel the adventure. A bit stupid. Can happen quickly when you don't pay too much attention.

This! Has got me, just once, now I know better.

If it tells you a character is assigned to a quest—they are assigned! Do not click the button below that or it will cancel the quest. The button reads "Assign" but it should read "Cancel" because that's what it will do if you click it.

Back in previous versions I remember seeing the Recall button, which was effectively canceling the quest. And that's fine, it worked as intended, no problems. Since White March II or last patch, I never see Recall, it's always Assign.