Game wont start without any errors[Linux]

madferret

Question

I'm having weird issues where the game wont start after I previously played the game. There is no log file in this case, no error message, nothing. The game simply wont start. Launching the game via console generates the following output:

./PillarsOfEternity
Set current directory to /home/philba/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity
Found path: /home/philba/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity
Mono path[0] = '/home/philba/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/philba/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/philba/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Mono/etc'

I dont think its a graphics driver issues, since using the discrete or embedded card doesnt make a difference.

After a reboot the game will run normally again. I have attached a report with some system information.

hardinfo_report.html

2 answers to this question

Hello,

unfortunately I cant definitely say if the problem existed before any mesa or PoE. I did't use PoE too much on Linux, because I was too lazy to set up a manual sync until recently. As far as I can recall, I didnt have any problems before the 3.0 patch. But take this with a grain of salt.

Yesterday the game started fine multiple times. However today it wont start after resuming from hibernate and restarting steam. As mentioned previously the game wont even generate the Player.log file.

Here is the link to the the log from yesterday, when the game did run. Maybe it will be of some help: http://pastebin.com/yeV0Uehw