Seelah's Inheritor's Favourite skill doesn't work.

seamus

Question

Since I upgraded Seelah's Inheritor's Favour skill to the second level (Inheritor's Favourite), it has stopped working.

Her blessings of Iomedae are just discarded like other blessings when played. Same happens whether they're played for a die or for an explore.

Using Galaxy Tab S2, Android 6.0.1

Pfid-e3b555a2d143310e

Story mode, happens in all locations and scenarios that I have tested.

Pass & play and permadeath are both off.

12 answers to this question

And this is one of the reasons that we need a character editor! We need (and deserve) the ability to rebuild characters to work around bugs or to correct choices that we were forced into because of bugs.

At least you're on Android.  Man, oh, man, it is not easy to peek at game files on iOS to figure out where things went wrong.  ;)

So far as I remember, it's been broken since early October  :(

I'm sure it will work eventually... but for now, upgrading to Inheritor's Favorite basically means your character has two dead Power feats.

Strange that it's been around a while, it should be an easy one to fix. I guess it doesn't effect many people currently, but with later decks being unlocked more people will meet it eventually.

Strange that it's been around a while, it should be an easy one to fix. I guess it doesn't effect many people currently, but with later decks being unlocked more people will meet it eventually.

Seems like an easy one to fix..., but I can't think of any other working powers that have a 3-way selection like that.

Aside from obviously being a bug, I have my doubts it is even completely implemented...

Seems like an easy one to fix..., but I can't think of any other working powers that have a 3-way selection like that.

Aside from obviously being a bug, I have my doubts it is even completely implemented...

Other similar power that is working in Kyra's 'Dawnflower's Favourite', which would have been potentially more awkward to code as there isn't many other circumstances of loading cards to the top of the deck.

(Speculation on code follows, feel free to ignore, I should delete but I've written it now, may as well post it)

If the deck is implemented by an arraylist it isn't really much different to recharging a card, but depending on how their overall code is designed, it may not be trivial to directly access the deck in that way. Whereas recharging and shuffling are things that the game does often enough that they'd have functions prewritten for that.

As you say, it might just be not implemented yet.

Other similar power that is working in Kyra's 'Dawnflower's Favourite' ...

Right. Totally forgot about Kyra!  She was having her own problems pre-1.1.5 where she wasn't even able to select Dawnflower's Favorite.  That seems to have been fixed.  So if the UI can handle it, something in the behavior scripts defining Inheritor's Favorite is possibly dorked up.

Regarding your speculation... it's arrays all the way down.  Despite the oddities that occasionally crop up, the game doesn't seem to have many issues managing decks and their sub-elements.  It should already be able to handle the concept of Inheritor's Favorite.

Seelah has Inheritor's Favor and Inheritor's Favourite earned. Yet all my Blessings of Iomedae are going to the discard pile with no option to recharge or shuffle. Please help.

Sorry :(  That's how things are behaving right now.  Inheritor's Favor works, Inheritor's Favorite is broken.

Hopefully a fix is somewhere off on the horizon.

Seelah has Inheritor's Favor and Inheritor's Favourite earned. Yet all my Blessings of Iomedae are going to the discard pile with no option to recharge or shuffle. Please help.

Sorry :(  That's how things are behaving right now.  Inheritor's Favor works, Inheritor's Favorite is broken.

Hopefully a fix is somewhere off on the horizon.

Actually, it's "Inheritor's Favour works", "Inheritor's Favourite doesn't work and breaks Inheritor's Favour". It wouldn't be too bad if Favourite was a NULL Feat, but it actually breaks Favour too.

Actually, it's "Inheritor's Favour works", "Inheritor's Favourite doesn't work and breaks Inheritor's Favour". It wouldn't be too bad if Favourite was a NULL Feat, but it actually breaks Favour too.

There are different examples of how some things stack (A+B) while others replace (X-->Y).

Best guess after staring into the binary madness of the app: Inheritor's Favorite replaces Inheritor's Favor and probably would work.... but... it may not have a defined card trigger/filter, so it doesn't know to fire off when a Iomedae blessing gets played.

That's just in comparing to how the game defines Dawnflower's Favor/Favorite.  It's an entangled mess of offsets, but its still pretty easy to spot the Power/Filter pairings that I'm unable to find for Inheritor's Favorite.

Edited by Ethics Gradient