Deleted all characters but everyone still at least level 1

Dainalt

Question

I wanted to start a new party from scratch but it seems I can't because it says I must delete characters. I'm a little tired right now, so maybe I'm missing something. If so, delete this thread if you want but at least tell me what I need to do to start from scratch in story mode with all level one characters. I don't having to slog through everything through legendary with a new set of characters, but I should be able to reset my decks and start from scratch if I want. I've deleted every single party and I should be starting over with level zero characters.

10 answers to this question

Deleting a Party only "disbands" the party, it doesn't delete characters. Those characters remain available on the "experienced" tab for you to make into new parties so you can try different combinations of characters.

As Hannibal_PJV says, if you want a new party whose members have starting decks and that have made no progress on their Completion tab then you choose Characters from the "new" tab.

If you have 24(?) experienced story mode characters already, you will have to delete some experienced characters so that you can create some more from the templates ("New" characters are really just templates for creating actual characters that join parties). There's a limit of 24 characters per mode (story/quest) - I guess this is to allow two builds per character (one for each Role).

I'm telling you, if I choose new characters, it doesn't work. If there is some path that takes me to where I want to go, it is opaque. Fanboys can complain, but there should be some intuitive and easy way to restart my party from the very beginning. There's some issue that won't let me build a party of characters from startup. If there is and I'm not finding it, at this point I will nevertheless be convinced it's the app and not something a reasonably experienced player should be able to see.

Could you perhaps describe what you are doing step by step and describe what the App does in response? Perhaps you could post screenshots. Simply saying "if I choose new characters it doesn't work" and expecting us to intuit a diagnosis isn't realistic. These community support forums are a two-way street, you have to help us to help you.

• Like 1

fair enough. I'll take pics and post them. I'm not probably at my best right now. I'm also not particularly disgruntled, but I can't see what I'm doing that isn't allowing me to start a new party. Here, this is a placeholder, but I'll take pics and edit them into this post.

When you go to create a new party, in the top left corner there is a label called 'filter characters', and two numbers. First number is the amount of experienced characters you have, second is the maximum number you can have (24). If you already have 24 experienced characters, you will need to delete some of your existing ones to make room.

Click on the 'experienced' button.

Select the character you want to delete.

Click on the round button beside the character portrait (small button with 3 dots)

Click delete.

Select the next character to delete and repeat these steps until you have enough room for your new party.

Hope this helps.

There is limit in parties and Also limit in experienced characters. So if that is the case you have to delete the old ones. Three dots...

When you go to create a new party, in the top left corner there is a label called 'filter characters', and two numbers. First number is the amount of experienced characters you have, second is the maximum number you can have (24). If you already have 24 experienced characters, you will need to delete some of your existing ones to make room.

I did mention the 24 character limit in my first response to the OP. I suspect that may be the issue as the OP mentions "I wanted to start a new party from scratch but it seems I can't because it says I must delete characters". Hopefully the OP will post back after they have caught up on some sleep.

Edited by mccrispy

I did mention the 24 character limit in my first response to the OP. I suspect that may be the issue as the OP mentions "I wanted to start a new party from scratch but it seems I can't because it says I must delete characters". Hopefully the OP will post back after they have caught up on some sleep.

I know, I just thought a step by step instruction might be useful to him.

Although, I just noticed the subject. OP, characters start at level 1, not level 0. Although they shouldn't have levels shown at all in story mode, only in quest mode.

Edited by seamus

First of all, I want to say thanks for the help. Between the three of you, I managed to see the ellipsis at the bottom of the character model. I was a little embarrassed that I hadn't noticed it before and then tried to delete a character, but even then it was greyed out. I had tried to delete the character at the top left and it wouldn't let me because, of course, it was one of the placeholder level 0 characters. :) Yes, in story mode, the first ten characters don't have levels but the rest did have numbers showing under their portrait. I deleted those characters so now have nothing but the main ten. I actually had 29/24, with a bunch of portraits in the middle. Those were the extra five that weren't up at the top. So, along the lines of mccrispy, I should have had more patience and looked at things more thoroughly.

Having said that, this was the first time I was actually irritated by a bug or feature. Not a tremendous amount, but a little. One of the great things about the app is that it allows the player to try multiple configurations in a way that's simply not feasible for most of us on the table-top. For that reason, I think working with the characters should be a bit more transparent. On the other hand, this is the first time I've come to ask anything in the tech support forum, and that's a pretty good track record for a game I've been playing since day one... and playing a lot.

The important thing is, thanks for the help.