[Progression Halt?] Improved Mending w/ Lem

Gomer1800

Question

Iphone 6s User (have not updated to latest IOS)

Story Mode, Skinsaw Murders

Game Center Login was successful at bootup

Was playing as Lem and during the first phase (with the purple hand), i played improved mending. I was prompted the discard pile reel and I chose an item to draw into my hand. Once i did that, the selected card popped out of my hand and became locked in place in the space between the discard reel and the cards in my hand.

I can't select anything, the menus wont open (the sounds for them trigger as if they had opened), the red X wont undo the action, nothing works except that I can enlarge the lone card in the discard reel.

This is honestly the worst bug I've encountered so far. How do I proceed with resuming my campaign? do I reinstall the game on my iphone? will that forfeit my game and allow me to start over? I've tried restarting the game and when it reloads my save, Im back in that moment after I had cast improved mending, the eligible card is highlighted and I can't undo the spell.

Screenshot

http://imgur.com/gWlLI2k

reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_ACG/comments/56g5gt/digital_improved_mending_bug_frustrated_looking/

EDIT 1: Reinstalling the game does not work as the save file reverts back to the same moment.

FINAL UPDATE: Ok, so i deleted my campaign cause I was tired of waiting for help. My experienced chars were preserved, but my legendary progress was not. Anyhow, I triggered the bug again but this time I was able to work around it. I used improved mending again with Lem, but this time I had 2 items in my discard pile (remember mend only affects items, weapons, armor). The bug triggered after I selected my item and dragged it to my hand, however, the second item in my discard pile was highlighted so I was able to select it and progress past the bug. The first item went back to my discard pile and the second item remained in my hand.

I hope theres a dev reading this. I almost quit the game entirely after the frustration of getting stuck, looking for answers, and taking the risk of losing my progress by deleting my campaign.

Edited by Gomer1800

7 answers to this question

Yeah, have the same problem with Seoni, Improved Mending & a Flask of Magic.

Totally sucks, I can't do anything.

The Flask takes the 'displayed' position as if you are playing it, rather than it going into my hand.

Game won't budge, and I can't even forfeit out...

Acroyear16 #7832

FINAL UPDATE: Ok, so i deleted my campaign cause I was tired of waiting for help.

You do realise that this is not a real-time support forum and that most of the posters do so out of good will/community spirit rather than being OBS employees? In general, if you're itching to get back to playing the game and are blocked by a progression break, the best thing is to post your saved games folder (though on iOS I don't think you can) so the Devs can post mortem it and then find your own workaround and post it back here so others can search the forum and get "real-time" help that way.

In that regard, thanks for posting your workaround (I know, it barely counts as a "workaround" does it? But there often isn't much that you can do if the UI completely unresponsive

I've got the same progression break error here, just occurred this morning.

Ezren is trying to Improved Mending a Flask of Force (is it a coincidence all of us are trying this with one of the flasks?), and the flask is getting stuck in a weird position between the discard pile display and my hand, all of the controls are locked out and there's nothing I can do once the card is stuck there. When I intentionally shut down the program and relaunch it from to try fresh, it restores to the screen right after I played the spell (but before I selected an item), but even though the X button is there (to abort the spell), clicking on it does nothing. The settings/treasure buttons react to touch (icon lights up) but they don't actually do anything (no menus open or anything), whether I try them before or after dragging the item down. 

PFID: 4304E2A78A24E5AA

User Interface: Phone (LG G3)

Any other information you need from me, let me know. I'll leave this party in the locked up state until I hear from you, so you can investigate further.

I've got the same progression break error here, just occurred this morning.

Ezren is trying to Improved Mending a Flask of Force (is it a coincidence all of us are trying this with one of the flasks?), and the flask is getting stuck in a weird position between the discard pile display and my hand, all of the controls are locked out and there's nothing I can do once the card is stuck there. When I intentionally shut down the program and relaunch it from to try fresh, it restores to the screen right after I played the spell (but before I selected an item), but even though the X button is there (to abort the spell), clicking on it does nothing. The settings/treasure buttons react to touch (icon lights up) but they don't actually do anything (no menus open or anything), whether I try them before or after dragging the item down. 

PFID: 4304E2A78A24E5AA

User Interface: Phone (LG G3)

Any other information you need from me, let me know. I'll leave this party in the locked up state until I hear from you, so you can investigate further.

I can confirm that the new patch has now resolved this (even though it only noted Lem using Versatility, it was apparently the same problem with any other method of recovering a Flask as well). 

Thanks!!