So over the course of the last two nights I had the option to play Talisman Online, Catan Online, Summoner Wars Online, or Memoir 44 Online.  Instead, I sat in a big easy chair and worked my way through the Brunt Offerings pack and had a heap of fun doing it.  It's been a very long time since I chose a solo game over a multi-player gaming session. 

Brunt offerings is also about where I finished playing the hard copy game.  I had hoped it would catch on with family and friends.  Alas, it didn't and I only continued on for a couple of more solo scenarios.  I'm looking forward to working through the adventure packs I never got around to playing.

Bravo!

• Like 7

Brunt offerings is also about where I finished playing the hard copy game.  I had hoped it would catch on with family and friends.  Alas, it didn't and I only continued on for a couple of more solo scenarios.  I'm looking forward to working through the adventure packs I never got around to playing.

Bravo!

That's why I play solo digital versions of CCG games.  Could never get anyone interested in physical card/board games anymore.  I LOVE PA (digital).  It's a game I would never have been able to play otherwise.  I never know when or for how long I'll be able to play, but with the digtal version I can whenever I have the chance.  

+1 fanboy here too

• Like 5

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki

My daughter (she'll be 8 shortly) and I play the tabletop version but sometimes I just like to get to play Lini myself.

The app is superb for that. I will admit nothing beats the fun of pulling out a card combo on the table to take down Black Fang with one blessing left, but not having to set up the cards and being able to play the party size I like is a pretty good compensation.

Once I can run Runelords with an all-goblin party on the app then I may never do anything else (just starting it on the table - daughter has Reta, I'm Poog).

• Like 4

Bravo!

That's why I play solo digital versions of CCG games.  Could never get anyone interested in physical card/board games anymore.  I LOVE PA (digital).  It's a game I would never have been able to play otherwise.  I never know when or for how long I'll be able to play, but with the digtal version I can whenever I have the chance.  

+1 fanboy here too

Yup.  What I noticed also, HPL, is that when playing hard copy, it was a chore to run more than two characters solo.  In digital, four characters are a breeze.  I may even try a Papa-Boris and do a six character digital run down the road.  :dancing:

• Like 1

My daughter (she'll be 8 shortly) and I play the tabletop version but sometimes I just like to get to play Lini myself.

The app is superb for that. I will admit nothing beats the fun of pulling out a card combo on the table to take down Black Fang with one blessing left, but not having to set up the cards and being able to play the party size I like is a pretty good compensation.

Once I can run Runelords with an all-goblin party on the app then I may never do anything else (just starting it on the table - daughter has Reta, I'm Poog).

Agreed, Chris.  Last turn wins in Pathfinder are sweet! 

Agreed, Chris.  Last turn wins in Pathfinder are sweet! 

I like them a lot better than the last turns that end with 'Daddy, you played the wrong card and now we've lost!' My daughter is awesome, but she's a tough critic of my strategic thinking.

Edited by Chris_R
  • Like 1

I like them a lot better than the last turns that end with 'Daddy, you played the wrong card and now we've lost!' My daughter is awesome, but she's a tough critic of my strategic thinking.

LOL!  Kids are the best and the worst.  I hate it when my daughter catches me at something like that.

• Like 1

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki