Obscure bug: banishment of cards

Rhygar

Question

Some weeks ago I'd posted this thread here regarding possibility of an obscure bug that can occur due to normal play mechanics but which can be hard to spot when it happened and thus leading to difficulty in pinpointing the source of the problem. I believe the tech support may not yet have caught up to this bug or its low on their priority. There's abit of a lack of response on this matter amidst more varied report of seemingly similar result of cards being banished which may or may not have the same causal factor.(like the reproducible inspired dex thread on here )

It's certainly not game-breaking bad but imo it's probably not a good experience. For the record I'd had several characters experiencing this so it's certainly not character- power specific. Lini lost copies of her cure, ezren lost copies of codex and in the latest development he has managed to lose sidhedron medallion (excuse spelling, but you know it's the loot amulet), an augury, possibly some orb of powers. I imagine players won't be too happy to lose some of that golden loot they can't replace readily without resorting to twinking items between different characters.

Fortunately in the latest episode of my self-voyeurism, I manage to record a scenario play through in which the bug re-occurred.

1) in the video, hook mountain hag was despatched by scorching Ray from ezren.

2) necromantic damage take effect.( it's into the mountain scenario in story mode )

3) after 1d4 was rolled, prompt for discarding card was seen.

4) ezren expanded spellbook power was lighted up and activated.

5)his copy of codex on the far left of his hand winked out of existence without effect at all

6)after ezren turn ended, the next character , which happened to be sajan , has the light effect column going up from his bury pile. This always happened and has been a precursor to me realizing some item is probably lost again.

I hope this help you track down this specific bug. For sure though , this couldn't explain how Lini lost her copies of cure. I hope you devote some time to trouble shoot this if it isn't too low on your list of priority. It would be a damn shame to lose some precious card that way.

I have a video to it which I could link here if tech support wants to see it.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet