wand of enervation + animal trick

nsr

Question

I only reproduced this once, so not sure of the steps.  When Lem was using the Wand of Enervation to help Lini's combat check, when the d4 rolled, there was still a +9 bonus somehow.  I think it may be +4 from the wand stacking on the +5 from lini's animal trick, but things went by too quickly to see.  The result caused the difficulty to be set to 0.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

5 answers to this question

I only reproduced this once, so not sure of the steps.  When Lem was using the Wand of Enervation to help Lini's combat check, when the d4 rolled, there was still a +9 bonus somehow.  I think it may be +4 from the wand stacking on the +5 from lini's animal trick, but things went by too quickly to see.  The result caused the difficulty to be set to 0.

The Wand reduces the difficulty of the check, doesn't add a bonus to you. So it's expected that your +X doesn't change at all, while if you used the wand against a monster with difficulty 8 or less - yeah, having the check difficulty become 0 should be possible.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

What do mean is the animal trick bonus was applied to the roll for determining how much the check is reduced. the expected result is that you roll 1d4+4 and get a value. Instead I ended up rolling 1d4 + animal trick value. This value was then subtracted from the difficulty of the combat check.

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

Instead I ended up rolling 1d4 + animal trick value.

Wow, hahah. That's one awesome bug right there. 'Bout time we caught some break with those :)

EDIT: Though, for the record, I don't believe you're able to have a +5 to Animal Trick at this point?

Edited by Longshot11

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

When you hit 30, it is causing you to pick skill feat, instead of card feat. That is probably how he is at +5.

Nevermind. Has wand, so has to be in story, not quest. Ignore me.

Edited by Spydurmn