"A Two Story job" quest bug

Zzealot

Question

Abrecan Doemenel gives the quest "A Two Story job" if you ask him about the delegation at the hearing, even if you already belong to another faction. It breaks down the quest "A Two Story job", if it is not completed, and the letter you have already. Give the letter to Lord Reymont also becomes impossible.

8 answers to this question

Abrecan Doemenel gives the quest "A Two Story job" if you ask him about the delegation at the hearing, even if you already belong to another faction. It breaks down the quest "A Two Story job"", if it is not completed, and the letter you have already. Show the letter to Lord also becomes impossible.

sorry for bad english

Hey Zzealot,

Combined your posts, no need for both. I'm trying to wrap my head around your steps and they are a bit garbled. Can you link me your save file so I can take a look? 

Also, if you just want to get on with the story, there is a fall back no matter how jacked the quest gets. You can kill the leaders of all 3 factions and Lady Webb will take you to the hearings.

I got your back

-Sking

Hey Zzealot,

I'm trying to wrap my head around your steps and they are a bit garbled. Can you link me your save file so I can take a look?

Hey

save

if now talk to Abrecan about the hearing, and take the quest, it will be broken

I'm running around your save. I'm not sure I understand what your issue is? I was able to turn in 'A Two Story Job' and speak with the Doemenels about the hearings. Though in your save you've already sided with the Dozens, so you will need to speak with Wenen to get an official invite. 

The Hermit of Hadret House break down:

- There are 3 factions; Dozens, Crucible Knights, and Doemenels.

- Each faction has a 3 quest story path that will gain enough favor for a hearing invite.

- The first 2 quests of each faction can be completed no matter what (well unless you kill everyone.)

- However, once you accept any of the factions 3rd quest it will bar you from accepting the 2 other factions 3rd quest.

- You can also kill the leaders of each of the 3 factions and Lady Webb will invite you to the hearings.

I got your back

-Sking 

I was able to turn in 'A Two Story Job' and speak with the Doemenels about the hearings. Though in your save you've already sided with the Dozens, so you will need to speak with Wenen to get an official invite.

First talk about the hearing, the quest will not be complete in this case.

Abrekan send the player for the letter, which is in our pocket, for the theft of the diamond, which is in our pocket. Give him or Lord Reymont quest items impossible after this conversation.

And of course, I know about a dozen. According to the logic of the game Abrekan should immediately refuse.

I believe the OP problem is:

You first stumble upon these robbers in Copperlane deserted house. After a fight, you find a letter. Now you can show it to Doemenel and he will send you to complete the job. But if you, for some reason, instead of showing it to him, decide to just ask about hearing, he sends you to find the letter which you already have. This breaks the quest altogether, so you can't complete the quest via normal means nor you can just show the letter to Doemenel or Lord Reymont to workaround it.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Edited by Fiery Rain

instead of showing it to him, decide to just ask about hearing, he sends you to find the letter which you already have. This breaks the quest

Yes, in this case, the quest can not be finished

Abrecan and Reymont do not react to the letter.