Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

You may chose the card to discard after Barl's first check

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Barl Breakbones' power is suposed to make you "discard a random card, then reset your hand".

Instead, after the first check to defeat him, the player is prompted to chose "Discard 1".

EDIT: the above is possibly a consequence from another character taking Barl's first check. The power seems to work correctly when the active character makes the first check.

Edited by Longshot11, 30 May 2016 - 09:36 AM.

Feywood

Feywood

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Interesting. I've beaten Barl a few times now, and have always had a random card discarded for me; I've never been prompted to discard it myself.

I just checked the fight again before posting this (Merisiel solo, on legendary), encountering Barl in two locations, and both times the card was discarded at random as it should have been.

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting. I've beaten Barl a few times now, and have always had a random card discarded for me; I've never been prompted to discard it myself.

I just checked the fight again before posting this (Merisiel solo, on legendary), encountering Barl in two locations, and both times the card was discarded at random as it should have been.

Hmm.. do you remember by chance if you did the first check with the active character? I got an assist for it, so this may have something to do with the bug.

Feywood

Feywood

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts

In my runs combat has always been carried out by the one who encountered him (and as I recall they've always been alone in that location), so yeah, it may be related to another character contributing to the fight.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Same, here always random discard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users