How can I get to the ledge in the ice chute inside the Flames-That-Whispers cave? The Wiki says the character must have Dexterity 16, but I have 18 (with bonuses from equipment, food, resting and salt mast) and no matter what I do I the group always fall.

Edit: You need to send somebody with Dexterity 16 to secure the hook, not necessarily the main character. There must be a random chance of success, because I tried at least two times with my main character, once with dex 16 and once with 18, and I couldn't do it. Or I don't remmeber very well, I was playing at 3 in the morning yesterday...

I gained the Golden Gaze rod.

post-111143-0-43042500-1464375706_thumb.png

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

I believe the size of your character also has an impact. Sending a dwarf or an Orlan to secure the hook might be necessary too.

That was what I thought when I first played it. I assumed the dexterity requirement was for reaching the ledge. Anyway, it worked with Hiravias.

sign.jpg

Yeah I don't think the check is just for dexterity. At least it didn't work for my main who had 19 dex. I think it has something to do with survival and character size as well.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light