I haven't played a game like PoE since NWN so I am a little rusty. I was wondering what a good party makeup would be. PC is a blaster mage style wizard. Not only in the abstract, in terms of roles like tank/controller/dps, but in terms of classes. I will most likely be creating my own companions as I don't like the setups of the unique ones. I want to have a cohesive party with classes that enable each other. I appreciate any and all help.  

I haven't played a game like PoE since NWN so I am a little rusty. I was wondering what a good party makeup would be. PC is a blaster mage style wizard. Not only in the abstract, in terms of roles like tank/controller/dps, but in terms of classes. I will most likely be creating my own companions as I don't like the setups of the unique ones. I want to have a cohesive party with classes that enable each other. I appreciate any and all help.  

Paladin: Tank (Rauatai)

Fighter 2H: DPS (Lady of Pain)

Priest: (Support Priest)

Wizard: Crowd Control and DPS (Zeblastian Hurstacker)

Guides are here: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85492-the-obsidian-boards-build-list-last-modified-16-may-16/

For the 2 last remaining slots it`s up to you. Ranger with Pet are pretty good (Stormcaller bow), Chanter is surely pretty funny. Druids have really good spells. Can't say anything to the other classes.

• Like 2

My favorite core combination is a Darcozzi Paladin + Priest + Wizard

This gives you an easy accuracy boosted disabling approach -

+6 Accuracy from Zealous Focus

+10 Accuracy from Inspiring Liberation (Darcozzi specific talent)

+10 Accuracy from Inspiring Radiance (Priest talent)

All of those stack, so one character can have +26 Accuracy in a pinch, and ideally that's your Wizard who'll then cast Slicken, Chill Fog, Bewildering Spectacle, Confusion, or whatever AoE disable/debuff you feel is most appropriate.

Give the Paladin a Marking weapon and Coordinating Attacks(talent) for even more accuracy boosting.

The other three can vary but I'd say add a Cipher just for the convenience factor.

I'd reccomend going with a core of melee that supports each other. A Paladin with Zealous Endurance aura for the improved defense (Pellaginna does this very well), a Chanter with the regen chants, enemy debuffs, fire lash chant and Gallant's Focus (Kana does this very well) and another melee combatant. This third guy can be a Fighter, another Paladin or Chanter, a Monk, a Barbarian, a melee Cipher, melee Ranger, even just a Ranger Pet.

The other three can be whatever floats your boat. A solid durable core of three mutually supporting melee can weather anything in PotD.

It's a team game so you don't want six superstars, you need some team synergy

• Like 1