Quest mode gone (again)

darrell_uk

Question

This one is partially my own fault.

Playing a Quest last night when my tablet powered down mid-game. (Roughly a 30 second gap between the 15% power warning a just switching off.) Now the Quest button lights when pressed, but nothing happens, I've tried leaving it anything up to 5 minutes. All other aspects are fine, saved games still work etc.

6 answers to this question

That link is simliar but its not an answer so I will post my same issue.  I minimized the game in the middle of combat and now I experience the same problem.  I can still play story mode and if i click on quest it lights up but neither it nor continue actually do anyting.  full party just hit 30 there has to be a better answer than "You'll have to start anew".

• Like 1

Decided to try to fix this myself since it was probably 20 hours worth of game play lost.  I have been able to recover my quest game - any progress that was happening during the game I was currently in the middle of.  I did not take very good notes but it involved a lot of trial and error replacing files and folders inside of a freshly wiped out cache/data folder of PACG directories with the original corrupted directories.  What finally worked was deleting the sav file inside sav slot 99 while the game was running and then exiting.

I can not say if this fixed it, or if it was a happy coincidence, but my team is back.

• Like 2