Potion of ghostly form + multiple characters

icdumppl

Question

2 characters at location, Vale, who had a potion and Kyra

Kyra encountered a falling bell, I didnt search Kyra's UI screen very well for any additional buttons that might of appeared that could of triggered the potion, but i did switch over to Vale and tried to use it but it wasn't even highlighted

So can anyone tell me how to use it on other characters at your location.

And 2nd part since the bell encounters everyone at the location i did get to use it for vale who happily evaded the barrier, but then it allowed kyra to explore again

Wording wise it should allow the character who used it to evade to explore again, since vale wasn't the active player this free explore would be lost

2 answers to this question

2 characters at location, Vale, who had a potion and Kyra

Kyra encountered a falling bell, I didnt search Kyra's UI screen very well for any additional buttons that might of appeared that could of triggered the potion, but i did switch over to Vale and tried to use it but it wasn't even highlighted

So can anyone tell me how to use it on other characters at your location.

And 2nd part since the bell encounters everyone at the location i did get to use it for vale who happily evaded the barrier, but then it allowed kyra to explore again

Wording wise it should allow the character who used it to evade to explore again, since vale wasn't the active player this free explore would be lost

From what I read, it appears the Potion by default gave its evade+ explore to Kyra, which seems right.

So, the 'initial' encounter is Kyra vs Barrier. At this stage, Kyra can evade (imagine she had a Cape of Escape, or that it was Merisiel instead), and no-one else would encounter copies of the Falling Bell. So, contextually, when you 'say' to the Potion "I want to banish you for a barrier to be evaded" , the potion would check that the only one who encounters a barrier is Kyra, so it doesn't need to ask "Who do you want to use me on?". So, you didn't evade Valeros' copy of the barrier, you evaded by default the original barrier. (At least that's what I can make of your post, I didn't understand you had to roll against the barrier with Kyra, before you used the potion with Valeros?)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I couldnt find a way to use the potion on kyra so kyra encountered bell, and incidently defeated it so it would get banished

However the bell has the before you act each other character at this location summon and encounter bell

So after kyras enounter, vale had to encounter it as well

Vale was able to use potion there by evading his summoned bell, at which point he is allowed to explore again, him not being the active player should of negated this explore I would think, but it moved the free explore over to kyra

So 2 problems and a side note i guess

1 how do you use the potion of ghostly form on other characters at your location

2 why did kyra benefit from the potion even though it wasnt used on her

Side note. I should of been given the opportunity to evade if possible when encountering the bell, then the before you act should of kicked off meaning vale should of encountered his summoned bell first, finally kyra should of finished the encountered original bell. So i dont know if it was bad coding on the bell messing up the ability to use the potion or if the potion hasnt been coded properly to use on other people at your location or both