[3.02] Crash Report

Gairnulf

Question

11 answers to this question

Sure, that will be about the 4th time I'm reinstalling since TWM2/3.0 :(

What's strange is that the corruption is with only one character's savegames. The other character still works fine.

But, if this makes any difference: the character that's doing well has gone through the white march and just entered Twin Elms, while the broken character has done the whole base game and is now into TWM2 areas.

The last install I made was through GOG Galaxy, which is only able to preform uninstall/install. It breaks when trying to update, so nothing else is possible.

This time I've uninstalled Galaxy and will be installing from GOG's installers. Do you think this may result in a better working game?

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I uninstalled, and downloaded the installation files from their site. Now the installer is telling me my installation files are damaged. Started the installation as an admin - still the same error.

I know this is a bug with their installer, not with the files. This is really frustrating.

eFoHp9V.png

It was crashing on game load, so I couldn't do anything.

I have other buggy saves - there is one that loads, but then I'm not allowed to speak to most (but not all) characters in TWM areas. I click on the character but conversation doesn't start. Conversations in base game areas work though.

As for the installer bug - I downloaded the two bin files 3 times yesterday (one is 3-something, the other one 2.7GB) and every time I got the same error - that the files were corrupted.

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

2 Files? Gog has 3 Downloads for PoE, WM1 and WM2 (for linux and mac) and 5 for Windows, you need all three/ five to get a full game. Install them im in order would be a good idea too.

In your GOG library (if you are on Windows) the Pillars of Eternity (Original Game) download is divided into three files - the installer .exe and two .bin files. The bigger bin file is over 3GB, the smaller .bin file is 2.7GB. Those are the files I've downloaded three times and the installer tells me they are corrupted every time.

eFoHp9V.png