Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cape of Escape can be used to close wrong location

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Faranim

Faranim

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts

Scenario B-3

Special rule: After encountering an undead monster, each character at the location summons and encounters Ancient Skeleton.

I encountered (from the location I was at), Ancient Skeleton, and defeated it, which normally allows me to close the location.

Because of the scenario rule, I had to first summon an Ancient Skeleton.

When the summoned Ancient Skeleton appeared, I used the Cape of Escape to evade and move.

Then, after moving, I got the dialog asking if I wanted to close my location.

I said yes, and it closed the location I had just moved to (all 10 cards, nobody had been there yet).

The original location remained open.

In case it matters:

Party: Lini, Valeros, Harsk, Ezren

Lini and Valeros were at the original location

Lini is the one who encountered the Ancient Skeleton and also had the Cape of Escape.

Lini moved to the Temple, which also costed a card (Temple location ability) when I used Cape of Escape (so that's working correctly).

There were actually 2 summoned Ancient Skeletons (because Valeros was also at the location).  I resolved his first, and Lini's second/last.

StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • Steam:StormbringerGT
  • Xbox Gamertag:StormbringerGT
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Its like a secret code!... But it is still a bug. Thanks for reporting!

MerryHo

MerryHo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Steam:Merry_Ho

This happened to me as well:

iPad air iOS 9.3 

I was running Black Fang's Dungeon on the middle difficulty level Wildcard was the 5 less blessing in the blessing deck and the if you encounter an undead monster everyone at the location must summon and encounter and Ancient Skeleton. 

Seoni encountered the henchman(Ancient Skeleton) at the Warrens location, she defeated the Ancient Skeleton but because it had the undead trait she had to summon and encounter another Ancient Skeleton, instead of fighting the second one I used Seoni's Cape of Escape item to evade the encounter and move. I moved to the Shrine of Lamashtu and because I had defeated the first Ancient Skeleton I was prompted to attempt to close the location, but instead of the check to close the Warrens it gave me the check to close the Shrine of Lamashtu, which I succeeded at and it closed the Shrine of Lamashtu. 

Since the verbiage on the henchman specifically says "you may attempt to close this location" I think the closing check should have been for the Warrens, not the Shrine of Lamashtu.

zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 116 posts

Actually the verbiage on the henchman says "you may attempt to close the location this henchman came from" (your wording is the old wording)

In addition, the current ruling is that you can't close a location if you've moved from your original location.  There's ongoing discussion about whether or not to change that for temp closes but that shouldn't affect this.

It looks like that's a bug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users