[3.02] Multiple inconsistencies in a creature's stats

Ronin@

Question

It's the Lagufaeth Sidewinder.

1.The in-game cyclopedia says it does pierce damage and pierce damage only. Not the case on the screenshot below.

2. You can also see that the Sidewinder also does Blinding strike. Nothing like that in the cyclopedia's description.

3. Not really about stats but it seems to be affected by 2 instances of the same affliction (I thought this was supposed to fixed in this version):

lagufaeth1.jpg

4.  It's accuracy in the cyclopedia(77) has nothing to do with it's actual accuracy, which seems to be 94? I know it depends on difficulty but you can add that to the cyclopedia info otherwise it's kind of pointless for anyone not playing Easy? difficulty.

5. The creature's accuracy seems to change with nothing changing in the status effects that are affecting it. It's the same sidewinder. The other one at the top of the screenshot isn't affected by anything which is how I know that it has 94 accuracy originally.

lagufaeth.jpglagufaeth2.jpg   

6. Terried and Blinded afflictions' accuracy penalties in this situation don't stack (apart from the 4 accuracy discrepancy between the 2 screenshots above) which is how it's supposed to be. However they DO stack when applied to player's characters. I don't have a screenshot but It's pretty easy to recreate. Just go fight the Alpine dragon and see for yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can provide more info if needed. Everything I claim has been tripple checked. I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Higher accuracy may be due to level scaling (although it wouldn't hurt if the bestiary also showed upscaled values).

Some monster types (Xaurip Skirmisher, Widowmaker Spider, Shadow, Phantom) also roll for additional effects on each hit but those effects aren't even mentioned in the bestiary.

• Like 1

It's not scaling if by level scaling you mean the prompt you get when you start White March too late. I was like lvl 9 here. Didn't get any prompt so these should be the standard PotD stats.

You're right about Phantom, Shadow, Widowmaker and Skrimisher. Their descriptions are far too meager. I mean, aren't these additional effects,skills and immunities pretty much the main reason anyone uses the bestiary in the first place ? It kind of defeats the purpose if they're wrong or incomplete.

Edited by Ronin@
  • Like 1