PoE+WM - How to play them in order to keep the challenge

Like everyone else around here I'm a big fan of this kind of games and I'm enjoying (at last) my experience with PoE. I'm so happy with the game that today I've decided to buy the two DLCs and start again PoE so I can play all the story from A to Z with a new character, with all the improvements added whit the White March.

But I'm no newbie to this thing (DLCs) and I've seen before ruined games because of "level boost" due to an early play of a sidestory (White March here). Mainly because, I don't really know if this will happen in PoE, the original games are not adapted to that kind of impact so they become easy and dull even on Hard. At least the great idea of no-combat-xp (seriously) makes me think that an "icewind dale oriented" sidestory will not harm my later experiencie... But I could be wrong.

So, any thoughts? How do I have to play the game to keep de challenge up? When (lvl) do I have to start the WM Part 1 and 2? Thanks guys.

(I play on Hard, btw)

If you want challenge go PoTD , on hard you will over level everything no matter how you scale the game .

You can do all act 1+act 2 before going to White March , this is gonna bring you up to lvl 9-10 and from then you can upscale WM , Act 3, WM 2 and do them in same order Start with WM1 do everything up to Alpine Drake / Opening the Forge , do some act 3 business , comeback to finish WM1 and start WM 2 , do some easier stuff in WM2 , finish Act 3 up to going to Burial Isle , finish WM2 , finish the game .

I was very happy with the difficulty going this route , WM was challenging from the start , ACT 3 was very tough when i upscalled it and became easy only after few levels , and upscalled WM 2 is ultimate test for your party 

Imagine my surprise when i upscalled Act 3 at lvl 10 , went to do only one Ogre Bounty so i can unlock rest of the bounties , i bumped into ogre group in Elmshore before entering the cave , and had to go back crying , those ogres eat my lvl 10 party easily .

Edited by Blunderboss

Thanks Blunderboss. I've tried PoTD but you have to go Min/Max whit my characters and I don't feel good with, for example, 3 points on Resolution just to Max Might... You know pen&paper RPG obsession  :) That doesn't mean I don't build characters, but 10 is my lowest skill level.

Playing hard that way has been working for me, just wondering how WM will impact to the game.

Thanks again.

going back to Act 2 after WM2 must be a joke :D unless u have only the hearing at ducal palace left which then bring u to another problem - ACT3 after WM2 is faceroll+estramor loredump, killing bears staelgars and poor tribesman with soulbound weapons is diablo gameplay not PoE

Edited by Blunderboss