Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build - Solo Monk - 3.02] Illuminated Master aka "death cone" monk

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

pedwalk

pedwalk

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the build!  Having fun with it so far, but I'm still fairly early in the game.  Curious as to whether you took this through Endless Paths solo?  Currently CCs like stun seem to be my main problem, but that will hopefully get better with gear.

Edited by pedwalk, 22 August 2016 - 07:31 PM.

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I have 3 paths for you:

A fast solution is to dump dex and max both str & con, so you can have an higher fortitude, wich is the main defence against stuns usually. Since you are using full attacks all day the low dex will not wither too much your dmg. And remember to eat something, so you can have other +2 to str & con, so other +8 to fortitude, wich is more or less what bear fortitude talent gives you.
The alternative can be just lvl up a bit more and come back after some time, so you will "naturally" have better defence.
The third path is just use the yellow potion to shorthen the duration of bad status effects during the fights, so also if they stun you duration that will end fast.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15261 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Do Crucible of Suffering and the potion stack by the way? That would immediately end all afflictions, wouldn't it?

Edited by Boeroer, 22 August 2016 - 10:22 PM.

Dr <3

Dr <3

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Actually i don't know, need to check

Endo1

Endo1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

I don't know you're still alive but, how did you through the early game??? it seems low Con and Res makes my character so fragile that one spider would just destroy me with 2~3 hit, currently lev 3, how did you manage to level up??? and i don't think dex and int isn't that good stat for monk....  

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15261 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Please delete the last part in order to not embarrass yourself. ;)

Endo1

Endo1

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Please delete the last part in order to not embarrass yourself. ;)

Sorry i'm not a native speaker so sometimes i make a spupid grammar mistakes lol btw do you have some opinion about the build duden

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15261 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I didn't mean any grammar mistakes (I wouldn't make fun of that). I meant the statement that DEX and INT aren't good stats for monks. ;)

The build seems to be ok. PoE's early game is the hardest part for any solo character so it's normal to struggle a bit - even with a monk (who usually starts strongest besides fighter due to the high starting values).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users