Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Not Receiving Steam Achievements

achievements steam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Snaptic

Snaptic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hi there,

Recently picked up Pillars of Eternity again after not playing for a while, and noticed I haven't received a single Steam achievement regardless of meeting the criteria for multiple of them. Is there a way to fix this? Steam seems to be tracking play time and all that properly, just no achievements.

Thanks,

Snaptic

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5362 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Have you used the command console in your current game? If so, that disables Steam achievements.

Snaptic

Snaptic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Have you used the command console in your current game? If so, that disables Steam achievements.

Haven't used Console Commands at all in Pillars so that's not it.

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3161 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Snaptic,

Check to see if you are playing offline and restart your Steam client. If that doesn't work, could you please upload your save file via dropbox so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Snaptic

Snaptic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hey Snaptic,

Check to see if you are playing offline and restart your Steam client. If that doesn't work, could you please upload your save file via dropbox so I can take a look?

Thanks!

Tried restarting the client with no luck. Here's a link to my most recent save: https://www.dropbox....t.savegame?dl=0

Thanks!

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3161 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Snaptic,

Based on your save, you only have 7 achievements unlocked. Could you please take a screenshot of your achievements? Try verifying your game cache as well and see if that clears up any issue. In your Steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Snaptic

Snaptic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hey Snaptic,

Based on your save, you only have 7 achievements unlocked. Could you please take a screenshot of your achievements? Try verifying your game cache as well and see if that clears up any issue. In your Steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

Validated my files and restarted the client, it still says 0 out of 48 Achievements. Here's a screenshot of it (sorry for the link, wasn't sure how to directly attach it):  https://www.dropbox....ements.png?dl=0

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3161 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thanks Snaptic,

I'll put in a bug about your save not being able to gain achievements. The only thing I can thing of is that you used cheats at some point, but we'll look into the issue. Have you tried making a new game and see if you can gain achievements? 

Aarik D

Aarik D

Community Manager

• Developers
  • 3161 posts
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Hey Snaptic,

After looking at your save, at some point, you used iroll20s which disabled steam achievements. If you want to get achievements, you will have to start a new game.

Thanks a bunch!

Snaptic

Snaptic

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hey Snaptic,

After looking at your save, at some point, you used iroll20s which disabled steam achievements. If you want to get achievements, you will have to start a new game.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey, don't remember that, but that would explain it. Thanks for the help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: achievements, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users