Suggestion: Acquire Button

Jeftidastl

Question

Most of the time you do not have to drag cards around in this game, which makes the times that you do have to drag cards stand out. This is most evident while using Lem's power Versitile Performance. After choosing the power, you pick a card from your hand and get to click a nice, clear button that says Discard. Then you get to pick a card from your discard pile and...guess what the game wants you to do. It is not intuitive that half of his power works by pressing a button and the other half by dragging a card. This power and other card effects like it will greatly benefit from the streamlining of the commands. I know that at least one other situation in the beta would have benefited from this button, but the encounter eludes me at the moment.

It may be that you only have buttons for the keywords listed and defined in the rules under Playing Cards. If that is the current rationale, this idea still works by naming the button Draw.

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

Most of the time you do not have to drag cards around in this game, which makes the times that you do have to drag cards stand out. This is most evident while using Lem's power Versitile Performance. After choosing the power, you pick a card from your hand and get to click a nice, clear button that says Discard. Then you get to pick a card from your discard pile and...guess what the game wants you to do. It is not intuitive that half of his power works by pressing a button and the other half by dragging a card. This power and other card effects like it will greatly benefit from the streamlining of the commands. I know that at least one other situation in the beta would have benefited from this button, but the encounter eludes me at the moment.

It may be that you only have buttons for the keywords listed and defined in the rules under Playing Cards. If that is the current rationale, this idea still works by naming the button Draw.

I've submitted a bug for just that. :)  Since we allow both play by drag and play by interacting with buttons, we should be consistent across the board with the option to do either.