Game crashing after 3.00, running out of RAM (Mac OS X)

Luzeryn

Question

I don't remember this happening before the 3.00 patch, but it has happened to me 3 times now. I get a message from OS X telling me to close applications because it has run out of RAM to use. And the only apps I have opened are Finder, Steam and the game. I have 8 GB of RAM so that shouldn't be an issue.

Saved game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zcei01ic2a28ey/1d007e157bdd42169a118d8d8e5f0632%209081842%20CaminosInterminablesdeOdNuaNivel1.savegame?dl=0

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4s1xht928yhnsm/Player.log?dl=0

System Specs: 

iMac Late 2013, 21.5 inch

2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Edited by Luzeryn

4 answers to this question

I was playing with the quality slider all the way to the left already. I've verified the cache again (it didn't re-download anything) but I do it every now and then so that's not the issue either.

I think it happens when I load saved games constantly because I die at a certain encounter or something. 

I can confirm this happens when you load the same file again and again. I can play for hours and everything's great but if I get stuck in one battle where I need to load multiple times (10+) then it's almost guaranteed the game will crash at some point. Something about loading fills the RAM unnecessarily.

I can confirm this happens when you load the same file again and again. I can play for hours and everything's great but if I get stuck in one battle where I need to load multiple times (10+) then it's almost guaranteed the game will crash at some point. Something about loading fills the RAM unnecessarily.

Nice little memory leak.

Oh, and forget the quality slider, i don't think it has learned more than setting the Antialising level.