[3.01] Justice disappeared

qin

Question

Problem description

I killed lord Raedric VII and loot his unique sword Justice. I gave it to Kana (equipped in the 3rd weapon set slot, img #1). Then I left Raedric Hall and went back to GV to sell some of the equipment. At this point the Justice was missing(img #3).

I didn't realize it until later when I went to Caed Nua to fight the shadows. One of the shadows blinked directly to Kana. I was like hey I should swap his weapon to Justice and punch the shadow in the face but then ha???? Kana just attacked with bare hands with. Because I keep recording the game so I quit the game and check the video and find out the Justice went missing back in GV (or between Raedric's Hall and GV)

When I first equip the sword to Kana I noticed the sword was not rendered correctly in the game. It was abnormally white like in the picture(Img #2). I dont know if it has anything to do with the bug.

I do have the save files before and after the problem. Unfortunately I am playing in PotD mod so I only backup the save file once a day (yeah in case my character die because of game bug), the save file before the bug is hours ago. I will put them both here.

Before:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyl4ltkae705rla/01da62003d9f417ca0520c3b5c68cf8a%208586184%20RaedricsHoldSanctuary.savegame?dl=0

After:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/forg9ouubr8trtr/01da62003d9f417ca0520c3b5c68cf8a%208985970%20CaedNua.savegame?dl=0

Log File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubehij27mz69255/output_log.txt?dl=0

Like I said, I have the video that can demonstrate the bug, if dev needs I can post it. This is the first time I use dropbox to share, let me know if it doesn't work. I dont know if other people have post similar bug(I dont find one. But there is a similar topic in Steam discussion)

Game version: 3.01.977 with white march I&II

System: Windows 7

System Spec attached

post-161360-0-02311300-1457415517_thumb.jpg

post-161360-0-30537300-1457415517_thumb.jpg

post-161360-0-99240100-1457415517_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

4 answers to this question

This will be fixed in 3.02.  The problem is linked to switching away from the weapon using weapon-set swapping.  As a workaround, saving and reloading your game after looting the weapon and before equipping it should permanently avoid the problem.

• Like 3

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus