can't get "Winds of Steel" quest and ally w/ crucible knights for animancy hearing...

robotnist

Question

so IDK what to do at this point....

you know its funny too, because i was just gathering all the quests throughout defiance bay when i first made it there, then started questing somewhat backwards to copperlane, because it seems liek the game was designed for you to make it to the bay, do most of your copperlane quests then move to another portion of the city.

anyway, i wanted to help the crucible knights because i liked their MO. and as i was being ADD accepting quests and working on them, i finally finished a dozens quest from long before i even met the crucible knights, so i could buy some goods from their merchant.

little did i know that this could throw off your relationship with the knights!?!?!?

so now i'm stuck, and as far as i know my save game is flushings for the great ether toilet in the afterlife...

why wouldn't obsidian design the game to at least let you know, or force you to only be able to work w/ one of the three factions if this is the kind of mess that can happen while generally questing???!!!

i have spent 50+ hours working on this game, and i just bought the white marches and was rolling through, looking forward to playing, i can't imagine starting another game at this point....

is there no work around???

3 answers to this question

There's no workaround, but siding with the Dozens does not prevent you from supporting Animancy at the hearings. You could also kill all of the Dozens, at which point Dunryd Row will sponsor your participation in the hearings.

Edited by lantzk
  • Like 1

thanks Iantzk... yeah i was just running through bronze beneath the lake hoping that if i attacked the dozens group there, the dozens would hate me... no such luck. man, for such an important decision to be made in the game without knowing it will have consequences, i.e. i took bronze beneath the lake just because i take every quest in defiance bay because i cant stand the load times there, and even though i thought "gee i like the crucible knights, will they frown on this?", i decided there's NO WAY Obsidian would not somehow allow getting locked out of quests based on accepting a seemingly benign quest from these ****, since i had already finished the 1st one they gave me?!?!?!

ok, guess i'll just deal with it... pretty lame tho.

cheers.