[GOG] Can't install patch 3.01

Gairnulf

Question

Galaxy crashes to desktop at the "Getting file list" step. Restarting the computer didn't help with that.

I downloaded the 3.01 patch from GOG, attempted to install it manually. It finished with "Some errors occurred. See patch_log.txt".

Here is the contents of that file:

Pillars of Eternity patch log

Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle\common_audio.unity3d

However, when I start the game, the main screen shows the version as 3.01.977

Did something mess up on GOG's side with processing the patch?

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

3 answers to this question

Hey Gairnulf,

There might be an issue with GOG right now, we are contacting them as we speak. Have you tried repair/verify yet? Try that. If that doesnt work just uninstall everything and then install from the 3.01 installers. If the Galaxy Client is crashing, I would contact GOG about it. 

Thanks a bunch! 

• Like 1

Thanks Aarik. I had already written to GOG about the Galaxy crash before I wrote here. I only wrote here after manual patching gave me an error as well :) I'll try to repair/verify, and I'm waiting for reply from them. I was pretty sure it was a problem on their side, but thought I'd ask here too.

Given that the file that didn't match was common_audio, and the game shows the new version when I start it (I have to start it manually, not from Galaxy because of the crashing), I guess there's not a danger I could corrupt my savegames, right?

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png