[3.0] All kinds of bugs with novices suffering

Doppelschwert

Question

I'm not sure if this was an issue before, but novices suffering (henceforth NS) seems malfunction in a lot of calculations so the talent is much much weaker than it should be.

As suggested by Andrea Columbo in another thread, I think the problem is that the bonus damage does not count as base damage but instead as a modifier that is added at the end of damage calculations and may even be surpressed.

I'm running a party of all "martial artists" at the moment, that is, everyone is using this talent and their fists as weapons. So far, I thought I just suck at PotD since it's my first time on that difficulty and my damage output seems really low compared to hard difficulty, but checking the combat log revealed that there is something wrong behind the scenes.

I'm doing way less damage than I'm supposed to in some instances, in particular my rogue.

So far, the following seems off:

1)

Weapon Specialication: Peasant (Fighter) does not work at all, but works on other weapons from the group. Nothing about being surpressed is shown, but the effect itself is not shown in the status summary either.

2)

Damage Calculation is somehow off. My Rogue has 16-20 base damage:

According to tooltip: 5-8 fist + 9 NS (LVL 7) + 9% Might + 20% Reckless Aussault

But this should yield (14-17) *(1+0.09+0.2) = 18,06 - 21,93 so 1-2 damage more (depending on rounding).

My Paladin has 17-21 base damage:

According to tooltip: 5-8 fist + 9 NS + 24% Might

This turns out to be right in calculating.

3)

When my rogue crits with a sneak attack, I get a value of 26 damage from a base of 16-20 (before DR). How is this possible? I can only imagine that working if all the multipliers are applied to the base range 5-8 and 9 is added on top at the end.

EDIT: Just confirmed that this is the same for everyone with NS in my party. When they crit with their fists its always around the upper bound of their normal damage range.

Since my party is built around this talent, it would be nice if some fix could make it into the next patch.

PS

While we are at it, Second Skin is not shown in the DR breakdown either.

Edited by Doppelschwert

5 answers to this question

I've never uploaded a file for this subforum, so I hope this works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjgoizn0a43u1hd/019207729c5e45b1bcb6603a47c0bb33%2017106986%20GreatHall.savegame?dl=0

By the way, I just encountered a bug where 'Weapon Focus: Peasant' was briefly not applied to Eders Main hand but to his Second Hand (both fists) in the inventory screen, but I've not been able to reproduce it / see it in combat.

And thanks for the quick involvement!

I'd ask for an ETA for the next patch but I guess you don't know that yourself at this point?

Edited by Doppelschwert

PS

While we are at it, Second Skin is not shown in the DR breakdown either.

I mentioned this in a PM with BMac, but for archive's sake:

SAVED GAME: link

OUTPUT LOG: link

REPRO STEPS:

Load the attached saved game.

Select the protagonist and go to her character record.

Scroll down to the talents section and observe she has the Second Skin talent, which grants +2 DR when wearing armor.

Hover your cursor on her DR score on the left to see the breakdown.

Observe that the breakdown makes no mention of Second Skin and the items listed only add up to 23, whereas her total DR is 25.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The rate st which you guys are fixing bugs I report is astonishing!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus