[v3.00.929 PX1-Steam] Wandering Monk AI?

HawkSoft

Question

My monk character has their AI set on Disruptor/Defensive but persists in wandering off in the middle of a fight apparently looking for new (previously unspotted) enemies to fight (and usually finding them -> reload).

I'm on the first level of Od Nua and in most cases there is a green engagement link running from my monk to the enemy they just abandoned.

I'm assuming this is an aberration of the Disruptor script as none of the other characters are doing this.

3 answers to this question

Actually this seem to be a more general problem as I have also seen this behavior in the fighter companion (using the aggressive rule set) and in enemy A.I., in the case of the enemies it seems to occur whenever enemies of different categories exist in the same map, for example forest trolls and human bandits really seem to hate each other as I have seen an a forest troll disengage and wander off to a bandit camp where I later found his corpse and then when I was fighting the bandits in question one of them wandered off and started fighting an another enemy in an undiscovered part of the map.

it does seem to be more general.

I had the monk wander off again, this time to attack an already known enemy (small bonus). They stopped smacking on a troll just after it got stunned and went to help smear a slime leaving a couple of my squishies standing by the troll.