Selection of spells using spell level buttons feels "glitchy"

Faldorn

Question

Hey everyone,

this is something that has really been bugging me since the get go:

Say I want to cast a fireball with Aloth, which is a level 3 spell: If I do not have that spell bound to a hotkey, I need to click on the icon for level 3 spells. This makes the "spell bar" pop up which allows me to select any level 3 spell for casting.

As I understand it, this "spell selection bar" is usually locked and will stay put until i select another spell level (e.g. 2) by clicking on its button, select a level 3 spell for casting or perform a completely different action. On some occasions, however, having openend the spell bar, when moving my mouse over to a spell on its left side, the level 2 spell bar will pop up.

I think this issue can be avoided by making sure that the mouse does not move too low on the screen and preventing it from touching the icons for other spell levels. This feels very clunky to me. Furthermore, I am pretty sure that at times, the spell bar keeps locked to the level I selected, regardless of my mousing over another spell level.

I am really not quite sure if the system behaves as intended and I am just too clumsy to use it appropriately, or whether this is a bug.

Has anybody encountered the same issue?

Have a nice day everybody!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet