The current refugee wave in Europe

Rosbjerg

Seems that so far after data retrieved from 2 black boxes, the scenario of on board explosive and terrorist act is the highest on the probability lists, as non of the boxes registered any signs of installation malfunction or fire that could lead to technical problems  induced explosion.

Russians cancelled all air connections with Egypt, following Brits and others.

Seems that so far after data retrieved from 2 black boxes, the scenario of on board explosive and terrorist act is the highest on the probability lists, as non of the boxes registered any signs of installation malfunction or fire that could lead to technical problems  induced explosion.

Russians cancelled all air connections with Egypt, following Brits and others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/world/middleeast/egypt.html?_r=0

Yeah I was just about to post the same thing about the Russians cancelling flights to Egypt  because of its significance 

So in the beginning both the Russians and Egyptians were almost dismissive about the suggestion that this plane was brought down by ISIS...I can understand Putins view, he was understandably hoping he could intervene in Syria without any real Russian casualties. But what people don't seem to be aware of is over the last 10 years certain Western countries have devised very effective information gathering techniques around the activities of many of these Islamic groups 

So when the UK and USA initially mentioned they believed the plane was destroyed by ISIS it wasn't because they wanted to undermine Russia by exaggerating there body count because of there new role in Syria..no it was said because they had information

I feel sorry for Putin because he also would have assumed he could rely on the Egyptian security measures at the airport because obviously the current Egyptian government is involved in its own war with ISIS. But sadly this Russian tragedy is really just a reminder that there is little chance that fighting ISIS won't result in real civilian loss. Thats what the West has had to deal with 14 years

Of course what makes this  more sad is the victims, basically Russian holiday makers and 25 children....I was watching a documentary on them and you see this little Russian child standing at the airport. They would have been told by Russian authorities " its fine to go on holiday to Egypt " because Putin wouldn't have wanted the average Russian citizen to think that there involvement in Syria would mean significant changes to there lifestyles ....

Well that's now over and the Russians have had there baptism of fire in the ME......

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Not entirely refugee related, but some of ISIS work.

http://news.yahoo.com/mass-grave-found-iraqs-sinjar-kurds-clear-bombs-180044620.html

I guess this topic will be overtaken by the one with Paris attack soon

No why would you think that?

ISIS are a barbaric and brutal organisation that need to be destroyed in both Mosul  and Raqqa...I don't know anyone who is at least slightly informed  that doesn't think ISIS has committed reprehensible acts 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela