Unplayable White March

Has anyone had this problem before?

I travel to White March.  I get the introduction story part.  I click done and I am dropped in I guess the town of Stalwart.

Except the entire place is pink excluding a few spots where I have run to.  It looks like perhaps the cloud or smoke texture.

However roaming around aimlessly on the pink I have also bumped into some Ogres and a White wolf.  both of which are completely pink and have no AI.

When I get into Stalwart someone screams about Darzir or something but in the vast pinkness I can not see any models.  Only my weapons floating in the air.

What game version are you running?

It sounds like a corrupted install to me (pink is generally a symptom of missing textures.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Try installing 2.02 first. It was just released. If it doesn't fix it, then yes--I suggest reinstalling.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

thanks...

I get so frustrated with all these distribution methods for games now and trying to figure out what is even what.

We have one game wrapped by 3 different entities and all of them have different time frames for release and numbering systems and methods of distribution.

I so so so so miss just downloading a patch from the developers web site.

I am on a GoG version so I have to wait a day or more until they make it live on their servers even though the patch is already live.

Quite a few GOG.com users have experinced this. It is caused by installing the non-WM patch (in your case it must have been the 2.01 patch) after installing WM.

I fully understand your frustration. I personally use GoG galaxy to avoid situations like this, but it definitely should be much harder to end up in this situation when downloading manually.

• Like 1

Yes after spending more time searching around forums I figured out that is what I did wrong.

But I had no idea I was doing it wrong because there was nothing telling me what I should be doing.

This is definitely a clear sign to me that all these distribution methods have gone the opposite direction away from efficiency and clarity.

thanks for the info

^ precisely.

• Like 2