Better Instruction Needed for Companion Quests

LaSpeakeasi

Question

Specifically for Durance and Grieving Mother. As previously discussed here, the in-game quest journal tells the player she must keep Durance and Grieving Mother in her party (the exact wording was "travel together") to trigger quest dialogs allowing for quest completion.

In reality this was not the case. The quests were resolved by story advancement and not actual traveling together with the companions. This in my playthrough resulted in me spending the bulk of the game thinking I was stuck with these two. I ended up having to build my entire battle strategy around those two because without sufficient information, I genuinely thought I must keep them in my party long enough for the dialogs to trigger.

With only 5 slots for party members and this being an 80+ hour playthrough, you can see how that will be problematic and detrimental to my overall experience, especially if the player plays as a priest or cipher herself. My party was not as effective as it should have been (due to having two priests). And I miss out on much of the other companions because I couldn't switch them in. The game outright told me I couldn't.

The game should have given more specific instructions. e.g. specify that you need to take Durance to a specific location in order for the quest to advance, instead of fooling players around playing coy.

Edited by LaSpeakeasi

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet