Install error -- White March from GOG

philares3

Question

I've downloaded both setup files for WM from GOG (and the two patches), ran the first one, says Install Successful, launch produces only a blank menu. (If I click on the top level I get a Pof E screen overlaid, and it freezes.)

I also ran the two patches which was probably a mistake--the first one produced an error log.

I posted on two threads here--I'd like an answer from an administrator--is this GOG's fault?

What can I do--delete and download the whole game from the beginning?

Help!

patch_log.txt

6 answers to this question

I misspoke--WM is installed, 17.6G in the data file. Launch is the problem, as above.

Did Obsidian increase the hardware specs for this? Because I had a similar problem with another less powered machine, freeze on intro screen.

Not enough CPU? GPU?   Pillars itself ran well for me.    I see a note about verifying cache--where in GOG?

So, I'm going back to downloading the whole thing from the beginning.

OK -- Got the game, Pillars plus WM, running the hard way. I used GOG Galaxy and had an enormous 20G download (on GOG.com it's 8G) which took 24 hours because it continually broke off and I wasn't going to stay and watch it. But it installed itself smoothly and I had only to click Play. My saves were still there. It's 2.01.

Still don't know why 20G. So now I have two complete installs, only one works. I still don't know what was happening with the frozen menu and title screen.

Galaxy is not so stable, better not jiggle anything on screen.